for Basketball Hoops
Know the details before buying
How often do people consider the steel thickness of basketball hoops when planning to purchase one for the home?
Common questions that get asked…
- What size backboard should I get?
- Does it have an adjustable goal?
- Where should I put in?
Those are important, but you are forgetting some very important items!
The steel gauge of the basketball pole system is crucial! Many people may not even know what I am talking about. While the steel gauge of a pole may not sound exciting or seem like something that even matters, the importance is very real! If you choose a pole system that has thinner steel, your KIDS WILL CARE!
As a consumer, no one sets out to buy a product that of inferior quality. Everyone wants to buy good quality products.
Make sure you do your homework when buying a basketball system. One key factor that is often overlooked – Steel thickness in basketball hoops.
Steel Gauge – Smaller = Stronger
The best pole systems should be made out of 7 gauge steel. If the steel is thinner it will have a BIGGER number. 7 gauge steel is 1.5 times stronger than 11 gauge steel. So the smaller the number, the thicker the steel!
3 Advantages Of Thicker Steel For Your Basketball System
- The Shake – With a 7 gauge pole system there will be less shake and vibration to the hoop when people shoot. The pole system itself will have less movement to it and allow for more accurate shooting because of this.
- Gym-like Feel – Most people can’t afford to build their own gym. So whether your kids are practicing to make a varsity basketball team or if your family is just hooping it up in the backyard, you want to feel like you are shooting at a hoop in a gym. The best way to get this rigidity and stiff feel in a basketball system is making sure the pole system is of the highest quality and that starts with thicker steel!
- Accuracy – If your hoop moves because the steel isn’t thick enough, ultimately it will affect the accuracy of your shot. So if having a hoop that you can get game-like shots is important to you, make sure you have thick enough steel to provide this feel.
A basketball hoop in your driveway or backyard will provide your family with enjoyment for years to come. Make sure you invest in a basketball system that will not need replaced in a couple of years and provides your family with excellent quality for shooting on your new hoop!