Safety & Maintenance Tips
Your children’s safety is our #1 concern.
Observing the following statements and warnings reduces the likelihood of a serious injury. Please review these safety rules regularly with your children.
- The pre-designed play sets are designed for the use of 4 occupants who have a combined weight not exceeding 800 pounds on the elevated floor, 3 occupants who have a combined weight of 425 pounds on the swing area, for a total Unit capacity of 7 occupants who have a combined weight of 1225. (This weight does not include any picnic table area(s).)
- On-site adult supervision is required.
- Teach children not to walk close to, in front of, behind, or between moving swings or other moving playground equipment.
- Teach children to sit in and never stand on swings
- Teach children not to twist the chains and ropes and not to loop them over the swing beam, since this may reduce the strength of the chain or rope.
- Teach children not to jump from swings or other playground equipment in motion.
- Teach children not to push empty seats. The seat may hit them and cause serious injury.
- Teach children to sit in the center of the swings with their full weight on the seats.
- Teach children not to use the equipment in a manner other than intended.
- Teach children to always go down slides feet first. Never slide headfirst.
- Teach children to look before they slide to make sure no one is at the bottom.
- Teach children to never run up a slide, as this increases their chances of falling.
- The parents should have the children dress appropriately with well-fitting shoes. No clogs, flipflops, or sandals are allowed. Loose clothing such as scarves, ponchos or capes should not be worn.
- Always take off, tie up or tuck in cords and drawstrings on children’s clothing. These things can get caught on playground equipment and strangle a child.
- Teach children not to climb when the equipment is wet.
- Teach children to never jump from a fort deck. They should always use the ladder, ramp or slide.
- Teach children to never crawl or walk across the top of monkey bars or swing beam.
- Teach children to never crawl on top of a fort roof or on the outside of a tube slide.
- Verify that any suspended climbing ropes, chains, or cables are secured at both ends and that they cannot be looped back onto itself.
- Teach children not to attach items to the playground equipment that are not specifically designed for use with the equipment, such as, but not limited to, jump ropes, clothesline, pet leashes, cables and chain as they may cause a strangulation hazard.
- Teach children to never wrap their legs around swing chain.
- Teach children to never slide down the swing chain.
- Teach children to remove their bike or other sports helmet before playing on the playgound equipment.
- Teach children to NEVER look at the sun or other bright light through any accessory such as but not limited to a telescope, periscope or binoculars.
- Never add extra length to chain or rope. The chains or ropes provided are the maximum length designed for the swings.
WARNING: Children must NOT use any play set until it has been completely assembled and inspected by an adult to insure it has been properly installed and the swing beam legs are anchored.